- January 22, 2016
- Posted by: lunar1
- Category: Finance & accounting
As a leading supplier of Motors, Gibbons offers a comprehensive range including high-performance gear motors. But what are the advantages of using an all-in-one gear motor as opposed to an DC motor coupled with a gearbox? Read on as we reveal all…
- Gear motors ensure a well-matched DC motor and gearhead, providing a great combination for achieving optimum energy efficiency as well as extending the life of your equipment.
- A gear motor tends to operate smoothly and quietly, partly due to the DC motor and Gearbox being enclosed in a single casing. It’s also because the arrangement makes it easier to achieve precise alignment of the rotor, pinion and gear train.
- Compact design means that lubrication can be better controlled which reduces the risk of leakage and subsequent overheating.
- Whenever separate pieces of machinery are bolted together, there are always potential alignment issues, with DC motors and Gearboxes being no different. Even the slightest misalignment can lead to excessive abrasion and early bearing failure, so with no coupling to worry about, a gear motor offers a convenient solution